I’m proud to announce that new DPack version 3.0.1 for VS 2008/2010 is available now. This is a major update, which introduces VS 2010 RTM as well as Code Browser toolwindow mode support.
DPack is also available on Visual Studio Gallery site. The version you can download right from Visual Studio 2010 is slightly different from the standalone setup application you can get off DPack’s site. Visual Studio Gallery extension doesn’t include any keyboard mapping schemes where as the standalone setup application does.
Here’s what’s new and fixed in this version:
- Updated Code Browser to work in two modes - dialog (default) and tool window (new) one. New mode is controlled via new ‘Code Browser’ configuration options page available from Options dialog.
- Updated Code Browser to retain the last search filter in dialog mode for the duration of VS session. The filter is still automatically cleared when switching to a different code file or when using a different member filter (classes, methods, etc.) within the same file.
- Updated Code Browser to use a distinct image for static/const members. Static/const members will have a small blue dot image overlayed on top of their icons.
- Added File Browser ‘Folders to ignore’ and ‘Group linked/shared files’ configuration options.
- Streamlined all Browsers to show one less column. The column removed is an infrequently used one which contributed to the UI clutter.
- Updated Code, File and Solution Browsers to support Pascal case search, a.k.a. abbreviated search. For instance, file name called SomeImportantFile.cs could be found in File Browser by simply typing SIF.
- First Visual Studio 2010 RTM compatible version. Visual Studio 2010 betas and RC are no longer supported.
- Fixed C++ projects Solution Browser cache update problem when processing deleted files on project load.
- Fixed Solution Browser and Solution Statistics problem processing projects with duplicate names. This resulted in Solution Browser cache file format change.
- Fixed File Browser and Solution Statistics duplicate linked files processing problem.
- Fixed Solution Browser VS TS Database Edition .sql file handling problem.
- Fixed a rare Browsers crash after DPack settings import via ‘Import and Export Settings’.
The new version is available at www.usysware.com/dpack/. Enjoy.